Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Way to Save $$ and a Quick Update

Another way to Save $$ :
I found this neat article on live hacker which explains how you can save $$ by reducing your electric bill.  I think the Batman approach would be neat, just because.

Check it out here.


A quick update:

Things are still going better than expected.  We are waiting until the end of August to drop the DVD part of Netflix.  Then we will have a review on Redbox :) 

The one annoying thing that I found is no one records sports so I can watch them later.  A great example of this is the Formula 1 races.  When I had the DVR from Comcrapy I would just record the Race (adding a hour for overtime) and start watching it a hour late.  This would enable me to fast forward through the commercials.  Thinking about this more, couldn't it be possible to record a live stream from Ustream or something of that nature?  Anyone tried this?  The difficulty would be ensuring you get a good feed, which is my new favorite game.

Overall I can say that I have met my goal so far.  I have been able to watch everything that I've wanted to.  My next goal is to set it up so I can watch it whenever I want. 

Needless to say, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment